The Hikers Guide to Sun Valley & Ketchum ( 2nd Ed. )
Explore 65 hiking routes in the three spectacular mountain ranges surrounding Ketchum and Sun Valley. Discover the spectacular wildflower blooms in the Smokey Mountain, the majestic peaks and canyon in the Boulder Mountains, or the old-growth forests and alpine lakes of the Pioneer Mountains. In this guide you will find a diverse range of hikes within a 45-mile drive from Ketchum and Sun Valley. presented in an easy-to-follower format, this guide will help the novice hiker, the seasoned backcountry veteran or the adventuresome backpacker discover some of the most beautiful hiking destinations in the area.
- At-a-glance information including distance, total elevation gain, season, GPS waypoints, difficulty and cautionary advice.
- The author's favorite hikes, including view, fall, solitude, wildflower, backpack, winter, and family friendly.
- Advice on safety, wilderness etiquette and wilderness conservation.
- Local information on flora, fauna and recent wildfires.
- 35 USGS-based topographical maps.
- Over 100 photographs, 24 pages in full-color.