Nikwax SoftShell Proof Wash-In
Adds durable water-repellency & revives breathability - in a washing machine.
Nikwax SoftShell Proof™ Wash-In is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric. Also, as the need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax SoftShell Proof™ Wash-In has been specifically designed and optimized for softshell garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibers allowing moisture vapor to pass through, maintaining breathability.
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
- Place maximum of 3 garments in washing machine.
- After the machine has filled add 10fl oz (300ml) of SoftShell® Proof.
- Set cycle to Heavy and Warm, Low water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
- Add 3fl oz (100ml) of SoftShell® Proof per garment.
- Run 30°C Synthetic cycle and slow spin.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.