Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In Waterproofing
Adds Durable Water Repellency and revives breathability - in a washing machine.
Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In is the market leader. It is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric. Also, as the need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibers allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
Use Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In in a washing machine
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
1. Place maximum of 3 clean garments in washing machine.
2. After the machine has filled add 10floz/300ml of TX.Direct®.
3. Set cycle to Heavy and Warm, Low water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
3. Use 3floz/100ml per garment.
4. Run 30oC Synthetic cycle and slow spin.
Do not machine-wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged.*
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.
*Faulty taped seams sometimes become detached on old or worn garments. They can be re
-stuck using a proprietary clear glue after waterproofing and drying.
Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In can be applied by hand …
Use gloves (to avoid waterproofing your hands!).
1. Immerse 1 clean garment in 6L of hand-hot water in a bowl or sink.
2. Add 2floz/50ml of TX.Direct®.
3. Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
4. Rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.