The Hiker's Guide Exploring Greater Boise
Hiking Idaho is pleased to announce our newest hiking guidebook—The Hiker's Guide Exploring Greater Boise. The 272-page guidebook features 64 walking adventures within two hours of Boise including trails near Featherville, Lowman, Idaho City, Sage Hen Reservoir, Garden Valley, the three forks of the Boise River, Leslie Gulch, and the foothills of the Owyhee Mountains. There are also trails along the Boise Front including the new Freddy's Stack Rock and Mahalo trails. This comprehensive and thoroughly researched guidebook will help you discover the most unforgettable hiking trails surrounding Boise.
- At-a-glance information including distance, total elevation gain, season, GPS waypoints, difficulty and cautionary advice.
- The author's favorite hikes, including view, fall, solitude, wildflower, backpack, winter, family friendly, and hikes along river and creeks.
- Advice on safety, wilderness etiquette and wilderness conservation.
- Local information on flora, fauna and recent wildfires.
- 51 USGS-based topographical maps.
- Over 100 photographs, 24 pages in full-color.