The Hiker's Guide Best Easy Hikes : Greater Boise
This guidebook features 50 trails within two hours of Boise. A little less than a third of the book is dedicated to the Boise Front with the remaining trails located in or near Leslie Gulch, the Owyhee foothills, the Snake River Canyon, the Middle Fork of the Boise River, Sage Hen Reservoir and the forests near Idaho City, Lowman and Garden Valley. The diversity of the hikes is remarkable: from well-trod trails near Boise to lonely and little-known paths further away. The one common theme—all of the hikes are doable without a huge investment of time or physical effort.
- All of the hikes lead to a defined destination that requires a hike of 5 miles or less (out-and-back or as a loop) and with less than 900 feet of gain.
- The book highlights an incredible amount of landscape diversity.
- The shortest hike is a half-mile with very little elevation gain and at the opposite end of the spectrum are longer “easy” hikes with enough elevation gain to require a little perspiration.
- “Best of” lists including forest, wildflower, view, easy backpacks,
family friendly, solitude, fall and sunset hikes
- At-a-glance facts including distance, total elevation gain,
season, cautionary advice and time to complete
- 120 photographs, 24 pages in full-color
- Easy-to-reference maps for each trail
- Concise, accurate driving directions
- Notes about flora, fauna and recent wildfire impacts