Bell Super Air R Spherical Helmet
The ultimate all-mountain bike helmet. With Spherical Technology™ and Bell's pioneered 2-click removable chin bar, the legacy continues with the Super Air R in an all-mountain package. As pioneers of removable chin bar technology, Bell has a legacy to uphold and overcome.
- They designed the Super Air R from the ground up to push the boundaries of performance and versatility -- starting with Spherical Technology™. Spherical Technology's Ball-and-Socket design, powered by MIPS®, helps redirect impact forces away from the brain by allowing the outer liner to rotate around the inner liner during a crash.
- Throw in superior ventilation, a total weight that is 22%, or 144 grams, lighter than its predecessor, and an easy 2-click removable chin bar—and you've got a true all-mountain performer.
- Impact Management - MIPS (MULTI-DIRECTIONAL IMPACT PROTECTION SYSTEM) - A LEADING SLIP PLANE TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED TO REDUCE ROTATIONAL FORCES THAT CAN RESULT FROM CERTAIN IMPACTS.
- Safety - WRAPAROUND CHIN BAR
- Construction - FUSION IN-MOLD POLYCARBONATE SHELL - A PROCESS PIONEERED BY BELL BONDS THE HELMET'S OUTER SHELL TO THE EPS FOAM LINER TO CREATE A STURDIER HELMET.
- PROGRESSIVE LAYERING: THE PROCESS OF ENGINEERING A HELMET LINER WITH VARIABLE EPS FOAM DENSITIES TO BETTER MANAGE THE TRANSFER OF ENERGIES AFTER SOME IMPACTS
- Visor - GOGGLEGUIDE ADJUSTABLE VISOR — ACCOMMODATES BOTH GOGGLES AND GLASSES
- Ventilation - OVERBROW VENTILATION FEATURES INTAKE PORTS ON THE BROW OF THE HELMET TO USHER IN COOL AIR AND PUSH IT THROUGH THE AIR-CHANNEL MATRIX FOR FULL-HEAD VENTILATION
- Fit System - FLOAT FIT - A MINIMALIST, LIGHTWEIGHT FIT SYSTEM WITH AN EASY-TO-TURN RUBBER OVERMOLDED DIAL FOR ADJUSTMENTS (INTEGRATED WITH MIPS)
- Certification - COMPLIES WITH THE US CPSC SAFETY STANDARD FOR BICYCLE HELMET FOR PERSONS AGE 5 AND OLDER