Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof Spray
Adds Durable Water Repellency, increases fabric strength & protects against UV deterioration; one application can double the effective life of fabrics. Can be applied to wet or dry synthetic fabrics.
For best results always clean item(s) first. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Protect working surface and lay clean wet item flat, or erect tent and wet.
- Spray evenly to outside of fabric. Avoid backpack straps.
- Wait for 2 minutes. Remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed.
- After several minutes check for and remove surplus product with a damp cloth*.
*Marks may appear on fabric if excess product is not wiped away. Test on a hidden area first.
Use approximately 2fl oz (50ml) of product per 10ft² (1m²) of fabric.
The coverage is approximate and depends on the condition of the fabric being treated.
To maintain waterproofing always clean with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.
To waterproof cotton, polycotton or canvas use Nikwax Cotton Proof™.
DWR and ultraviolet (UV) protection will develop once the fabric is dry. Allow item(s) to dry fully before packing away.