Ripmo V2 Frame Only
Please call for availability! 208-336-3854
If you wondered when the carbon Ripmo would get AF’d, well, you can stop wondering. Today, we’re releasing the Ripmo V2. We’ve made it a full degree slacker, a little bit longer, stiffer, and added progressivity for coil compatibility.
Just like the original, our newest Ripmo was developed under the demands of competition. Robin Wallner rode a disguised Ripmo V2 to four top-ten finishes during the 2019 EWS season.
To start, we gave the V2 a more progressive end rate with more ramp up, which eliminates bottom-out worries for hard-chargers. And that opens the door for a coil shock. And the initial leverage ratio is now a little higher for improved small bump performance, eliminating trail chatter.
But life isn’t just a magic carpet ride of epic descents. To go down, you have to go up. The original Ripmo was just as lauded for climbing as it was for floating above tech. The V2 maintains the Ripmo’s reputation for uncanny climbing capabilities. Climb a Ripmo V2 and a Ripmo back to back and you won’t notice a difference.
Downhill is another matter. We went one-degree slacker for the head angle, kept the stack height the same, and added just a few millimeters of reach to round things off (471 to 475mm on a size L). We tested this geometry with the Ripmo AF and it’s been universally lauded—nothing holds you back descending (rock rolls, drops, root gnarls) but you’re not piloting a dump truck climbing singletrack switchbacks. It shreds and climbs.
Since we increased the Ripmo V2’s capability, we thought it only wise to beef up its protection. It’s a beautiful carbon frame, might as well keep it that way. We’ve added linkage guards that protect the upper and lower linkages from contamination, while covertly hiding between the front and rear triangles. And despite all the AF updates to the Ripmo V2, we kept its weight to a svelte 6.25 lbs. for a size medium with Fox DPX2. With completes starting at 28 lbs, the Ripmo is just as much the all-day climber it’s been, just with more snarl and menace on the descent.
With the Ripmo V2, you have the very best Ripmo we can make. It incorporates the geometry we perfected on the Ripmo AF. It fits 29 x 2.6” tires, a full-size water bottle, cloudlike climbability, and it has a progressive end stroke for coil-shock compatibility. It touts our 7-year frame warranty and lifetime warranty on IGUS bushings. And most importantly, it won’t hold you back. On anything. And yep, it’s available now.
- 29” Wheels
- 160mm front travel
- 147mm dw-link rear travel
- 2.6” tire clearance
- Carbon front and rear triangle
- Available in four sizes S-XL, fits riders between 5’ and 6’6
- Frame weight of 6.3 lbs / 2.86 kg w/ DPX2, 6.74 lbs / 3.09 kg w/ X2
- Complete builds starting at 28.2 lb
- One degree slacker 64.9 head angle
- More progressive suspension leverage ratio
- Compatible with select coil shocks.
- 44mm fork offset
- Steep 76 degree seat tube angle
- Threaded BB (73mm BSA)
- ISCG 05 compatible with removable adapter
- In-frame molded cable tunnels
- 26oz bottles fit inside front triangle, size M-XL (Arundel side loader cage recommended)
- Size M-XL compatible with 170mm+ droppers, 125-150mm for smalls
- Polycarbonate downtube protector and molded rubber swing arm protectors
- IGUS bushings in lower link, bearings in upper link
- Metric 210x55 shock
- 203mm max rotor size
- 1x specific design
- Boost spacing
- Tapered headtube and steerer: ZS44 upper, ZS56 lower
- Seven year frame warranty
- Lifetme replacement on bushings