Lightly Smoked Venison Links
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Patagonia Provisions Lightly Smoked Venison Links:
In the rainforests and watersheds of Hawai’i, growing numbers of invasive axis deer thrive on native foliage, endangering a unique and fragile ecosystem. Our partners humanely harvest the deer to limit the population, conserve native species, and produce a bountiful supply of lean wild meat, which we use for these smoky, savory, healthy little snacks.
- Our venison comes from invasive wild axis deer on the Hawaiian island of Maui, where an absence of predators has allowed their numbers to explode
- The deer devour fragile native foliage, jeopardizing both land-based and near-shore ecosystems
- Our partners at Maui Nui manage the deer populations by humane harvest, in the field, under strict USDA supervision
- Responsible axis deer management means native ecosystems have a chance to recover
- The nutritious lean meat goes to local communities first, at a discount, easing food insecurity on an island where most food is imported
- Maui Nui’s venison also goes into our links, seasoned with a hint of juniper and mustard, then lightly smoked
- The near-absence of fat gives these links a clean finish—no greasy aftertaste
2.2 oz bag