Powerfly FS 9 EQ is a full suspension electric mountain bike that’s built for singletrack sessions and rugged commutes. You get high-end parts, a powerful drive system, and a rad suspension setup for tackling rougher trails. And, it comes with utility-focused features for daily riding, like fenders, lights, and a rear rack.
It's right for you if...
You want a super versatile full suspension e-MTB to take out on the trail. You also want it to come equipped with commute-ready accessories so you can bring home the bacon and get a little shreddy on your way back from work.
The tech you get
A durable aluminum frame that fully encases a long-range 625Wh battery, a powerful Bosch Performance CX motor that helps you sustain speeds of up to 20 mph or 32 km/h, and a SmartphoneHub controller that can be used with or without your phone. Plus, a 120mm suspension fork, 100mm of rear travel, powerful 4-piston hydraulic brakes, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels, a 12-speed Shimano XT drivetrain, and a dropper post for getting low on descents.
The final word
Our best Powerfly FS rips rough trails, rail trails, and rugged commutes thanks to a plush suspension setup, powerful drive system, and loads of utility features.
Why you'll love it
- It comes equipped with fenders, a rear trunk rack, and lights that are powered by the battery so you're ready to ride right from the start
- Download the COBI.Bike app and your phone becomes an on-board computer. Attach it to SmartphoneHub to charge, make or take calls, listen to music, get turn-by-turn directions, and more
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tire support so you get better traction and control
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools, and lets you mount a water bottle cage—even on full suspension e-MTBs
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits—29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames