Trek Remedy 9.8; 2022
Remedy 9.8 is long-travel trail bike built for serious sending with FOX's all-new 38mm fork and trail-proven Float X shock. SRAM's latest GX Eagle drivetrain combined with carbon where it counts, like the wheels and frame, make this model fly like a bird both up and down the mountain.
It's right for you if...
You're an all-mountain junkie who lives for the fun only a long travel trail bike can deliver. You love carving descents and throwing down style on new lines, and you want the best 27.5" bike you can get.
The tech you get
A lightweight full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a FOX Performance 38 Float 160mm fork, and 150mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Elite Float X shock that offers loads of adjustability and tuning options. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with leg-saving lower climbing gears, Bontrager Line Elite 30 carbon wheels that are already completely tubeless ready, including sealant, powerful 4-piston brakes, a carbon handlebar, and a Bontrager Line Elite dropper.
The final word
Remedy 9.8 is a carbon long travel bike with amazing suspension and a solid parts group that's light enough to stay quick on climbs. It's a perfect all-around trail bike for riders who love smashing berms and post-ride beers.
Why you'll love it
- Remedy 9.8 plows through the gnarly stuff, but still likes getting loose on jumps and berms
- You’ll fade before the Fox Performance Elite Float X shock does—it's built to help you squeeze the most out of long, gnarly descents
- The FOX Performance 38 fork's stiffer stanchions help you stay on your line through chunky descents, while the GRIP2 damper lets you dial in the feel
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tires